Sookie Confronts Eric - 2.08 (20) - 'Timebomb' Plus: Anna Paquin - Nylon's September Cover Girl

Posted by Cyn Cyn

2009-08-26_170129

Anna Paquin is Nylon Magazine's September cover girl. If you check out the online article  you'll see what a lovely job they did with the photos of Anna.

I really wish since she is so often quoted, that reporters would stop asking her about the nudity on True Blood. It's such an American hang-up as Anna politely explains below.

I commented on this when her very tame initial encounter with Dream!Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) was aired and YouTube flipped out--not even allowing a shot of Skarsgård nude in profile with his leg covering "everything" and the tiniest bit of rump but no cheek showing. Down went the fan's videos almost as quickly as they were put up.

I can't believe that a premium cable channel's choice of content is a big deal.
Americans are fine with the worst kind of violence and degradation on television but as Anna notes a bit of nipple is a crazy big deal. And that just makes no sense at all.

Photo credit :© AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin

Nylon Sept Cover Girl Anna Paquin Chrisweeksgettyimages  - Photo credit : Chris Weeks Getty Images

Up all night with Anna Paquin and her alter ego, True Blood's Sookie Stackhouse.

Anna Paquin has an Oscar, a cool accent, and maybe the best role on television – bombshell mind reader Sookie Stackhouse on True Blood.  We sat down with her, Stephen Moyer (aka Vampire Bill) and their Maker, HBO producing legend Alan Ball, to discuss their bloody TV phenomenon.

Anna Paquin, on her Nude Scenes:
“I don’t think a naked body is particularly shocking or interesting… It’s not the culture I was raised in.  I was not brought up in the United States.  I don’t share the [attitude] that you can have graphic violence, but – God forbid – you see someone’s nipples.”

Stephen Moyer, on Vampire Sex:
“The thing about vampirism is that it taps into a female point of view – you have an old-fashioned gentleman with manners who is a fucking killer… it’s an interesting duality, because in our present society it would be an odd thing for a woman to say, ‘I want my man to be physical with me.’ How, as a modern man, can you fucking work that?  It’s one thing to be polite and gentle… But when do you know it’s OK to crawl out of the mud and rape her [as Bill does in one scene]?... It’s difficult stuff for a bloke, but a vampire gets away with it…. I think that’s the attraction of the show – it’s looking back at a romantic time when men were men, but they were still charming.”

--INTERVIEW  excerpt BY LUKE CRISELL

Anna-paquin-435

Anna Paquin hosts the Nylon party. She's shown here with fiance Stephen Moyer (Vampire Bill on True Blood)

1 Comment

Cyn Cyn

Sookie Confronts Eric (True Blood) (2 x 08 - Timebomb)

Sookie Confronts Eric (True Blood) (2 x 08 - Timebomb)

xdanceintherainx
TrueBlood__203_1307.jpg The True Blood Blog