True Blood Season 2 Episode 1 (13) RECAP 'Nothing But The Blood' - Screen Caps S2XE2 (14) - "Keep This Party Going" Lafayette HQ Photos

Posted by Cyn Cyn

True Blood Season 2 Episode 1 Recap

Randyx27

Makemeavampire

Hmm. Should I continue on my quest to be right about what happens next on True Blood? I said I would not go out on a limb again...but it's fun to guess so here's my halfway-educated guess about what happens next to Lafayette:

1. It's been spoiled that Lafayette drinks a lot of Eric's blood and in the TVGuide piece (below) Nelsan compares that to Sookie and her relationship with Eric. I'm sort of confusing the show and the Sookie Stackhouse books and it doesn't help that I'm in the middle of the most recent one ("Dead And Gone") so it may be that right now Eric's power over Sookie was because of his promise to "not kill humans" in exchange for her being "employed" by Eric to use her telepathic powers whenever he wishes. SPOILER: It's quite possible that Sookie will be drinking lots of Eric's blood, too.

2. So then, Lafayette is severely injured and Eric saves him with a "blood transfusion" which makes Lafayette indebted to Eric.

3. It's been stated that "someone" gets shot in Episode 2, "Keep This Party Going." I don't know how it would come to this but does Sookie shoot Lafayette?

92b13d569d39de0f47a2764b10a0a18d

Previous news on True Blood's Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette)

Sunday's True Blood premiere answered at least one burning question: Is Lafayette alive? Answer: Yes! Nobody is more surprised by this turn of events than Nelsan Ellis, the actor who plays Lafayette.

As a fan of the Sookie Stackhouse novel series, on which Alan Ball based the vampire drama for HBO, Ellis knew that Lafayette, Merlotte's wisecracking cook — and part-time pornographer/drug dealer — is totally dunzo after Book 1. When he arrived on set for the finale episode's table read, he prepared himself for the end. "I thought, this was fun, time to look for the next gig," he says. But then... what's this? That painted toenail in the car didn't belong to Lafayette after all! "'You know we're not going to kill you, right?'" Ellis remembers Ball telling him. "And I was like, 'Noooo...'" Ball told the actor that he decided to keep Lafayette in the cast after shooting a scene between Ellis and Rutina Wesley, who plays Lafayette's cousin, Tara, in the pilot episode. Ellis and Wesley have combustive chemistry for sure, which Ellis attributes to their long friendship. (They attended Juilliard together in the early '00s.)

So now that Lafayette has been spared, what's next for the flamboyant entrepreneur? When we last saw him, he was chained up in a dungeon watching a fellow prisoner get disemboweled by a very cranky Eric, his vampire captor. Ellis reveals that, this season, Lafayette's fate will be inextricably tied with that of the vampires, but that their relationship won't always be quite as adversarial. "[Lafayette] stays with the vampires basically throughout the season," he says. "I guess how deep down the rabbit hole he goes with Eric is the biggest teaser I can give."

"Eric makes people beholden to him," says Ellis. "He did it to Sookie, and now he does force Lafayette to work for him to repay him for something he's done for him." Oh jeez, Lafayette isn't going to become a vampire, is he? Not any time soon, says Ellis. "I have a sneaking suspicion that, in the future, the vampires are going to learn to respect him and not mess with him," he says. "He's going to find a way to elevate his position with them. Lafayette is a survivor, so he's not going to stay in this scared state too long."

SOURCE:TV Guide

Below: more scenes from True Blood S2XE2 - "Keep This Party Going"

71144248c29d050a9832a87b736e100e04d0486283287d20a423528d57f18b9d33dd3fe0af41c93df5517afce4dc6463

C4fb15940f9e3ddba91a6726f40c9edcAb5771eb62f5449a8d7efd4cbf353674

23d484b2491739a9c0d9365022488406

Cec8a839da8487d1c5c1a9774245c472E4476db00017a60f05a7cac6f7a28ce993365bf776cdbdc2272aac7d0d75c87b

'Keep This Party Going"

Sookie is forced to babysit Jessica, as well as the romantic inconveniences the teen vampire’s presence creates. At the Light of Day leadership conference, Jason makes an impression on its ambitious leaders, Steve and Sarah Newlin. Maryann casts her spell on Merlotte’s patrons.

Lafayette in Eric's basement

Lafayette - Does he get turned?"

Lafayette - Does he get turned?

Download this gallery as a zip-archive

Tough times for Lafayette

Tough times for Lafayette

"He looks much happier here--but can he go outside on a sunny day?"]He looks much happier here--but can he go outside on a sunny day?

Previously: I'm declaring shenanigans on Ausiello and every other critic that has seen one-third of Season 2 of True Blood already and are blabbing about it. I write about spoilers and I don't even want to know what's gonna happen episodes down the line.

True Blood Season 2 Episode 1 Recap

However, in their quest to get eyeballs on their websites Ausiello and I'm sure a bunch of other's, paid and not, who are are practically wetting their pants, have proved totally untrustworthy by leaking info three weeks before it occurs on True Blood, a 12-week show on HBO. I can't imagine that Alan Ball wants that much of his story out of the bag so early in the season. I'm hoping it's more HBO's publicity department. You know, the ones who've been accused of driving one of the last nails in the coffin of the Los Angeles Times by wrapping Stephen Moyer around last Friday's edition? Image2 "How will the experience of being locked in a dungeon and almost dying change Lafayette this season? ELLIS: It certainly humbles him. It shows him there are some situations he just can’t get himself out of no matter how slick he is. He's going to have to suffer the consequences of what he’s done. And I think he reflects back on his behaviour and maybe for a second thinks about changing. What was your reaction (to finding out LaFayette survives?) ELLIS: Thank you! I have a job for next season! That was my reaction. Did (showrunner Alan Ball) explain to you why he let Lafayette survive? ELLIS: Not really. He just said he decided after the bar scene in [the pilot], but he didn’t tell me until the 12th episode. He didn’t really go into any detail as to why he decided to keep me -- not to me anyway.

In an upcoming episode [SPOILER ALERT], Lafayette ingests a lot of Eric’s blood. The homoeroticism in that moment was off the charts. Was that something you were conscious of while shooting it? ELLIS: I wasn’t. I know Alexander said that from his standpoint he thinks Eric is a little drawn to Lafayette. My intentions were that I was completely terrified of Eric and what he can do to me. As far as I know, I hated his guts. It’s funny what the camera picks up... Alan has been making jokes about me and Eric and what’s to come in the third season. I definitely think I’ll be one of his henchmen, but as far down the rabbit hole as that goes, I don’t know.

So we can assume that Lafayette does, in fact, survive to see a third season? ELLIS: I think I’m back for the third season.

Do you think it’s possible for Lafayette to settle down and have a normal relationship with a guy? ELLIS: I don’t know that his normal is the general norm for everybody. I don’t think he’ll ever be normal to everybody’s standards. I do hope though that the dude can find someone that he loves and that loves him back. Everybody should be capable of that -- even Lafayette. (Additional reporting by Jeremy Medina)"

Nelsan Ellis as Lafayette

Nelsan-ellis-2-332x500 Ausiello Spoilers

2 Comments

Cyn Cyn

Re: True Blood S2XE2 - "Keep This Party Going" - Screen Caps - Lafayette Publicity Photos Show His Fate - S2E1 Recap - 'Keep This Party Going' - Promo Video - S2X02 - Season 2 Episodes List

True Blood S2E1 Recap Keep This Party Going Promo - S2 x 02 Promo video Thanks to xdanceintherainx! Episode 2x02 - Keep This Party Going Airs: Sunday, June 21 Sookie and Bill contend with teen vampire Jessica; Jason impresses his Light of Day leaders; Maryann casts her spell at Merlotte's. Episode 2x03 - Scratches Airs: Sunday, June 28 Bill enlists Eric's help to save Sookie after she is attacked by a mysterious creature; Jessica finds a willing suitor in Hoyt; Tara finds her attraction to Eggs interrupted by a swirling fog. Episode 2x04 - Let's Take a Trip Together Airs: Sunday, July 12 Bill and Sookie travel to Dallas to carry out Eric's mission; Jason falls victim to a practical joke; Maryann throws a birthday party for Tara. Episode 2x05 - Never Let Me Go Airs: Sunday, July 19 While in Dallas, Sookie connects with one of her own; Jason is rewarded for his hard work at the Light of Day boot camp; Eric shares a secret about his past with Bill. Episode 2x06 - Friend Is a Four Letter Word Airs: Sunday, July 26 Sookie embarks on a dangerous mission to locate Godric; Bill is shocked when a vampire from his past resurfaces in Dallas; Jason must make difficult emotional and physical choices. Thank you to The ODI
TrueBlood__203_1307.jpg The True Blood Blog
Cyn Cyn

True Blood S2XE1 Recap - ''Nothing But The Blood' - Sookie & Bill make love *NSFW*

Anna Paquin - Hot Sex Scene! - Awesome video clips here

'Nothing But The Blood' -Sookie & Bill make love *NSFW*

This is short scene from Season 2, Episode in which Sookie and Bill both nude, make love.
TrueBlood__203_1307.jpg The True Blood Blog